"Orientation on the Philippine Quality Award, Philippine Quality Challenge Programs and Sharing of Best Practices" featuring the 2013 PQA Recipient of Recognition fo... (Read More)
WHO MAY APPLY?
Private corporations and public sector agencies/organizations are eligible to apply for the PQA. Private corporations applying for the Award must be registered and must have a major business operation located in the Philippines which can be assessed by panel of quality professionals. All subordinate elements of the applicant's organization must be included in the application. Charitable, trade, professional, fraternal, sports organizations and institutions are not eligible.
1. Small and Medium Enterprises
Enterprises defined under the Magna Carta for Small and Medium Scale Enterprises as businesses engaged in manufacturing and/or provision of services with not more than 200 full time employees and not more than P60 million capitalization. This definition may, however, change depending on national policy.
2. Large Enterprises
Manufacturing Companies or their Subsidiaries
Companies or sub-units that produce and sell manufactured products or manufacturing processes, and producers of mining, or construction products.
Companies or sub-units that sell services. Proper classification of companies that perform both manufacturing and service is determined by the larger percentage of sales.
Companies or subunits that produce agricultural products.
National Line Agencies or Subsidiaries
Any department, bureau, office, commission, court, tribunal, council, authority, administration, center, institute, state university, and any establishment and instrumentality of the National Government. (Source: Glossary of Terms for State Auditors, 1983)
Government-Owned or Controlled Corporations
Those performing proprietary functions which are established solely for business or profit or gain and accordingly excluding those created, maintained or acquired in pursuance of a policy of the state, enunciated in the Constitution by law, and those whose officers and employees are covered by the Civil Service. (Source: Supplemental Rules Implementing RA 6971)
Local Government Units
Territorial and political subdivisions of State organized as public or municipal corporations performing governmental and corporate functions. (Source: Local Government Code)
Subsidiaries of an organization applying for the PQA are governed by the following specific conditions:
- For the purposes of the PQA, a sub-unit is a unit or division of a larger (parent) organization which must be largely self-sufficient so that it can be examined using all seven Criteria Categories and it must have clear definition of its own organization and be a discrete business entity that is readily distinguishable from other parts of the parent organization.
- The subsidiary should be a largely autonomous organization with its own senior management group responsible for a wide range of management activities.
- Subsidiaries performing solely business support functions or primarily an internal supplier to other units in the parent organization are not eligible. Examples of business support functions include: Sales, Marketing, Distribution, Customer Service, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Environmental Health-Safety of employees, Purchasing, Legal Services, and Research and Development.
- Subsidiaries with less than 200 employees are not eligible except when a subunit has at least 25 percent of all employees in the worldwide operations of the parent company prior to being acquired by a holding company.
Although an applicant may have facilities outside the Philippines, in the event of a site visit, the applicant must ensure that the appropriate people and materials are available for examination in the Philippines to document the operational practices associated with all major business/organizational functions of the applicant.
In the event that the applicant wins the Award, it must be able to share its practices in a PQA Conference, take part in a benchmarking network, and open its facilities for visits.
All applicants to the PQA must comply with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements and must have at least four (4) employee/s trained in PQA Application Development Course for the past 2 years. Also, participants must have conducted an self-assessment based on the relevant PQA Criteria (See Self-Assessment Form). Results of internal assessment should be presented to the Award Administrator when applying for eligibility.
- Private corporations and public sector agencies/organizations are eligible to apply for the PQA.
- Private corporations applying for the Award must be registered, must have a major business operation located in the Philippines which can be assessed by a panel of quality professionals, and must have been in existence for three years or more at the time of application.
- Eligible public sector organizations include national line agencies, government-owned or controlled corporations and local government units; state universities, government hospitals and must have been in existence for three years or more at the time of application.
- An applicant must have a clear definition of its own organization and be recognized by its customers as a distinct operating entity.
An application is eligible only if it addresses all seven criteria categories and can be inspected in the Philippines. If an applicant has some activities performed outside the applicant’s immediate organization (e.g. by a parent organization or its other subsidiaries, or overseas components of the applicant, or by an entity rendering BPO services), it must ensure that:
- In the event of site visit, the appropriate materials are available for examination in the Philippines to document its operational practices in all major business functions, and
- In the event the applicant receives PQA Recognition, it will share its practices in a PQA Conference/Roadshow, as well as open its facilities for visits.
- Applicants are eligible to reapply on the second year from its application.
- Must comply with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Must have employee(s) trained in the PQA application development.
- Must have conducted internal assessment based on the relevant PQA Criteria. Results of internal assessment should be presented to the Award Administrator when applying for eligibility.
- Show proof of compliance with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements from BIR, Bureau of Customs, GSIS/SSS, DENR, DOLE, SEC;
- Submit two (2) copies of the completed Eligibility Determination Form to the Award Administrators; and
- If eligible, submit 20 copies of the accomplished Application Form together with other requirements (e.g. Application Report and Fees)